HP Color LaserJet MFP m283fdw
HP Color LaserJet mfp m283fdw Setup
Place your brand new HP color LaserJet mfp m283fdw on a flat surface and proceed.
- Begin the process by first unboxing the printer carefully. Remove all hardware that you find from inside the box.
- Remove all protective material from the printer and dispose of it responsibly.
- Untangle the power cord and keep it aside. Next, proceed by attaching the power cord to the printer and the other end to the power supply.
- Switch on your brand new HP printer. You will hear it begin to function.
- Proceed by locating the access door and pull it. Wait until the drum unit is in place.
- If you have difficulty locating the access door you can check the manual that came along with the printer.
- Now place the new ink cartridges.
- Close the door and set your paper on the paper tray. Make adjustments wherever necessary.
HP Color LaserJet MFP m283fdw Driver
- Once you have located your file you can proceed with the process of installing the driver. You are only one step away from using your printer.
- Run the file that you have downloaded. If you are using a Windows OS your file will have the extension .exe or if you are using a macOS then the extension will be .dmg
- Follow the instructions in the wizard and complete the installation process by giving permissions and access wherever necessary for your HP LaserJet m283fdw.
We have made it as simple as HP would so that you can complete the process easier and have your printer ready for you.
- Visit the 123.hp.com/lj website. You will be redirected to a support page.
- Choose your product and followed by keying in the name of your printer. In this case, it will be ‘HP color LaserJet mfp m283fdw’.
- Make sure that you have chosen the right operating system. If your OS is Windows, then choose accordingly.
- You will be given a list of driver software to choose from. Hit the one most suitable for Windows.
- The download process begins. You will find the downloaded file in the download bar or your systems download folder.
- You can identify the file that has the extension of .exe – For example, HPLaserJet m283fdw.exe
- With this, the download process is done and you can proceed with the installation process.
The process for different operating systems is almost similar. You have to make sure that you choose the right OS before you begin the driver download process.
- Begin the process by visiting the HP support website.
- You will be redirected to a page where you will have to choose your product type. Proceed by keying in your product key which is ‘HP LaserJet m283fdw’.
- Ensure that you choose the right operating system. In this case, it will be macOS.
- Choose the most suitable driver software for your operating system.
- The downloading begins and you will find your file either in your download bar or your systems download folder.
- You can find your file with the .dmg extension. It would look something like this ‘HP LaserJet m283fdw.dmg’
HP Color LaserJet mfp m283fdw Wireless setup
With the hardware in place, you can go ahead with the connectivity setup. HP has made the setup and installation process user-friendly. It will only take you a matter of minutes to get your printer up and running.
- Check the power of your printer and proceed.
- Before you begin the setup, ensure that you have an active internet connection with all the details to complete the process smoothly. The following steps have to be followed accurately.
- Push and hold the wireless button on your printer’s display.
- You will see a blinking light that indicates its readiness to continue.
- Once your printer is connected press and holds the WPS button on your Wi-Fi router.
Your printer will now be connected to your network. Proceed with the next step to fully complete the process.
HP color LaserJet mfp m283fdw – Changing from USB to a Wireless Connection
Why should you use cables when you have the latest technology that would help keep your office wireless?
- Before you begin ensure that your printer is powered up and you have removed the USB cable from your printer.
- Go ahead by linking your HP LaserJet m283fdw to a network.
- Move your attention to your printer and choose the ‘wireless’ option that appears on the display of your printer to initiate the connection.
- You will notice that the light begins blinking. As an indication that the printer is ready, you can go ahead and press the ‘WPS’ button on your Wi-Fi router.
- When the blinking light stabilizes it shows that the connection has been successful.
- To check if you have completed the process accurately you can go ahead and print. You will find that your printer will now be listed on your system.