Apple Software Update and HP Printer Driver update:
Apple Software allowed updating the HP printer driver and software through the software update. However, this feature is no longer available with the HP printer. Recently, Apple updated the OS version from 10.14 Mojave to 10.15 Catalina. With this upgrade, the security of the Apple OS device increased, blocking any manufacturer driver update. The security alert with the MAC device prevents the HP printer driver update through the Apple OS Software update. This is why Apple no longer supports the HP printer driver update through the Apple Software Update (ASU).
Alternates to update the HP printer driver without ASU :
In case you are unable to update the HP printer driver and software through the Apple Software Update, you can try any of these methods
HP printer exclusive app – HP Smart app:
HP offers exclusive apps like HP Smart app to check for any available recent updates for the HP printer driver and software. You can now install and setup the HP Smart app to your MAC device easily from the driver page. Here are the instructions to install and setup the HP Smart App.
- To begin with, go to the HP Printer driver page. Here, type your printer model number.
- Now, the page detects the OS version of your MAC. Then lists the available drivers and software for your MAC computer.
- From this list of drivers and software, select the HP Smart app and install it on your MAC computer.
- Then, run the installed app and proceed with the instructions on the screen.
- Here, choose the option “Check for Driver updates and download automatically.”
- Now, on completing the HP Smart app setup, the app checks for the HP Printer driver update regularly. On confirming the updates, it installs it to your MAC computer in a click.
HP printer drivers manual update from the driver page:
In case you do not have the apps or face any issue with the driver update through the app, you can update the HP printer drivers and software manually. Here are the easy steps to update the HP printer drivers and software manually from the page.
- Firstly, check the network connection on both your HP Printer and the MAC computer.
- Then, go to the driver page and wait for it to detect the OS version of your MAC computer.
- Now, verify if the OS version as detected is the same as the one on your MAC computer.
- Then, the page lists all the available HP Printer drivers and software for your MAC.
- In this list, check if the latest version of the driver is the same as yours on your MAC.
- If yes, then your MAC already has the latest HP printer driver and software.
- In case they are different, then download the latest version file to your MAC computer.
- After that, extract the downloaded file to your MAC and run the installation wizard.
- Now, the wizard walks you through the set of instructions on the screen.
- Then, it takes you to the connectivity screen, and you can choose either the wired or the Wifi mode.
- After that, on the drivers list page, click on the HP Printer drivers that you would like to install.
- Now, follow the steps from the driver installation wizard and complete the HP Printer Driver update manually.
Update your printer driver and software regularly
As both MAC and HP releases updates on the device drivers and software, it is essential to update the drivers and software regularly. The updates from the MAC may change the existing driver version, not compatible. Also, it may cause a few recurring issues. As drivers are the basic component for communicating between the devices, it is necessary to update them regularly.
HP usually checks for any recurring bugs in the existing driver and software version. To fix these recurring bugs, it is important to get the latest version of the HP Printer drivers often. These drivers are released on the driver download page. You can download them anytime to your MAC device and boost the performance of your HP Printer.
Recurring errors when HP Printer drivers and software are not updated
If you are not updating the HP printer driver and software regularly, you may face a few recurring errors. These errors are easy to fix with the basic troubleshooting steps of uninstalling and reinstalling the HP printer drivers and software. Here are such few recurring errors with the HP printer driver and software:
The printer is offline and the HP printer driver not found:
The printer offline error is mostly due to the disconnection of the devices from the network. It may also occur when the HP printer is not able to communicate with the device. The common fix for this Printer Offline error message is to disconnect and reconnect the printer from the network. Here are the instructions on how to disconnect and reconnect the devices from the network.
- To begin with, check the connection between the network and the HP printer.
- For the LAN or Ethernet connection, check the cables for any physical damage.
- In the case of the wireless connection, check the connection stability.
- Then, disconnect the HP printer from the router and reconnect it to the network.
- Now, check the connection between the HP printer and your MAC computer.
- Then, disconnect the HP printer and the MAC device and reconnect them together.
- Now, try printing a test file from the MAC through the HP printer.
- If the issue persists, try uninstalling and reinstalling the HP printer drivers and software.
To uninstall HP printer driver and software from the MAC computer:
- Firstly, go to the Devices under System & preferences. Here, check for your HP printer name under the Device list.
- Now, right-click on it and select remove. On choosing the remove option, the MAC deletes all the HP printer drivers and the related files from the device.
- Then, check the folders for any residual file and remove them too.
To reinstall the HP Printer Driver and software for MAC OS versions:
- To begin with, connect the HP printer and the MAC to a stable network.
- Now, go to the driver download page and download the driver and software files to the MAC computer.
- Then, extract the files to a folder on your MAC and run the installation wizard.
- Now follow the set of instructions on the screen and complete the driver reinstallation.
- In case the error recurs, feel free to call our experts on our toll-free number or chat with us.