Setup wireless HP Printer with Windows and Mac
HP Printer allows to connect your printer with wireless network. The hp printer will connect to the Windows, Mac and other operating systems. HP printer device that connects with almost all OS platforms. The Platforms are Computer, Laptop, Tablet, and Smartphone devices. Most of the hp printers are compatible with all OS. Look at the following section to learn the wireless setup with hp printer models.
Windows OS versions and its support:
Connect to any Windows device that compatible for your hp printer. Download the HP Printer drivers and install it on your computer. If you want to print the documents right from the email, download the HP ePrint app.
MAC OS version and its support:
The HP printer supports advanced features when connected to the Mac OS. For every MAC OS, you can find the compatible basic and full drivers for wireless printer. According to the OS version, you can download the suitable HP printer drivers for wireless setup.
How to connect the hp printer on wireless network?
Configuring the printer to the wireless network is a simple process to complete. HP Printer supports various wireless methods. One such method is using hp printer Wireless Setup Wizard. Here are the instructions to complete your wireless printer setup.
- To begin with, turn on the printer, router, and computer.
- Next, get the network credentials, including the network name and password.
- Now, proceed to the printer control panel to start the hp printer wireless setup.
- Then, select the Network menu or look for the Wireless icon.
- You can choose either a Network or Wireless option and then choose the Settings option.
- After that, select the HP Printer Wireless Setup Wizard for getting the wireless network list.
- From the displayed network list, select your network name.
- If in case your network is not in the list, refresh or enter your network name manually.
- Next, type the password and get the connection.
HP Pritner Wireless Connect using USB
Once you set up the printer, you can connect it to the web and print from any device. You can use the USB cable for a temporary connection. After establishing the wireless connection, disconnect the USB cable from the printer. Here are the instructions to connect your printer wireless using the USB.
- To begin with, turn on your printer with the power button.
- Note: Keep the USB cable ready, but do not connect it until you get the prompt.
- Any USB cable, which is already in connection, should be disconnected.
- Next, from the desktop, choose the My Computer option.
- Then, select the Download folder and locate the driver file.
- After that, double-click on the file to extract the installer.
- While installing, you may get the control screen. Here, allow or confirm the driver installation.
- Next, press the Yes option to finish the driver installation.
- Now, you can see the connection screen where you need to click Continue.
- On the Software Selection screen, use the Customize option.
- Next, accept the terms and conditions after selecting the checkbox.
- Now, the selected driver and software gets installed on the computer.
- After installing the drivers, choose the Wireless option on the connection window.
- When you get the prompt, connect the USB cable from the printer to the computer.
- Once you properly connect the USB, the installer detects the printer.
- Finally, complete the network setup through the on-screen instructions.
Tips: It is better to download all printer drivers for the best results.
HP Printer Auto Wireless Connect
The Auto Wireless Connect is the advanced wireless technology to connect with the wireless network. Some HP printer connects to the network automatically using this method. If not, you can choose this method while installing printer drivers. Remember that you can set up this method only at the time of installation.
HP Printer Wi-Fi Protected Setup (WPS):
For a quick printer network connection, you can choose the HP WPS setup. It enables you to connect to the local network with the WPS method. When you use this connection method, you do not require SSID and password. Moreover, you have got the freedom to choose between the PIN and Pushbutton methods. Select the router with WPS pushbutton to proceed with the easy hp printer wireless setup.
HP WPS Pushbutton wireless connection:
- To begin with, choose the router with the WPS button.
- Next, locate the printer’s WPS button once you turn on the printer.
- Also, keep the router and computer in the active state for printer WPS setup.
- After that, move to the control panel and long-press the WPS button.
- Hold the button until you see the wireless icon glow on the printer.
- Then, go to the router and press and hold the WPS button on the router.
- Next, wait for the wireless light glow on the router, indicating the successful wireless connection.
HP WPS PIN wireless connection:
- Initially, move to the printer control panel and click the Wireless icon.
- Then, choose the Settings and then select the Wi-Fi Protected Setup option.
- Next, go through the on-screen instructions until you get the WPS PIN window.
- Once you get the PIN on display, run the configuration software.
- After that, type the PIN in the password field.
- Finally, install the network driver on the computer.
- If you get any error message, redo the hp printer wireless setup process.
Network Installation Error
For this error, check the wireless connection between the printer and the computer. If there is any fluctuation in the connection, connect to a different network. After that, locate the driver printer file and uninstall it. Then, download the new drivers that fulfill all your printing needs. Finally, add your printer to the computer.
How do i monitor or cancel current print jobs
There are two ways to cancel the print jobs – from the control panel or computer. If your printer has buttons, click on the Cancel button. For the printers with a touch screen, click on the Stop or Cancel option. On the other hand, you can go to the Printer Queue on the computer to delete the jobs.
How do I print documents from my phone or tablet?
After settings up the printer, you can print any documents from the phone and tablet. For Android devices, you can use the HP smart app. On the other hand, use Apple AirPrint to print from iOS devices. Just choose the document and proceed to print in a snap. If you want easy steps to print, call us.
USB Scanner Connection Error
Whenever you get the USB scanner error, turn off the printer and computer. Then, disconnect the cables from the device and re-connect it after two minutes. Then, uninstall the printer driver, which is outdated. After that, install the drivers, which are the best fit for your printer.