HP Officejet Pro 8218 Wireless Setup
HP Officejet Pro 8218 is one of the better options for printing. The printer is compatible with a wireless network setup. When it comes to the wireless setup, several methods are available. Here, you will get to know how to set up Wi-Fi on HP OJ Pro 8218 printer using several methods.
Steps to Setup Officejet Pro 8218 Wi-Fi Direct and Wireless Direct
The standard steps to execute this process are:
- Keep your HP Officejet Pro 8218 printer in a smooth place.
- Check the Wi-Fi direct printer and HP Wireless direct settings.
- Continue with the on-screen instructions.
- Enter the WPA2 password when the wizard asks.
- Make sure that the Wi-Fi direct uses the settings on WPA2 passphrases.
- Finally, connect the printer to the device Wi-Fi network.
Steps to Print from Ojpro8218 through Wi-Fi Network
The instructions for printing from HP OJ Pro 8218 printer via Wi-Fi network are:
- Power up the computer and HP Officejet Pro 8218 printer.
- Make sure that both devices have no problem.
- Now, check and confirm that the printer and computer have the same W-Fi.
- Download compatible version HP Print Plug-in on the computer.
- Install HP Print Plug-in using the wizard
- Open the document you want to print and print it.
Steps to Setup Officejet Pro 8218 Wired Network Printer
The standard procedure to set up HP Officejet Pro 8218 wired network printer is:
- Remove the coverings from the new OJ Pro 8218.
- Tear off the protective coverings from the Ethernet port.
- Check and confirm that the HP OJ Pro 8218 printer is accurately connected to the router.
- If everything is OK, then print a document with the HP 555 printer.
HP Officejet Pro 8218 Network Setup
Steps To Print Network Settings for HP Officejet Pro 8218
The standard steps for printing network settings for HP OJ Pro 8218 printer are:
- Check the USB cable connections in the printer and computer.
- Ensure that all the USB cable connections are perfect.
- After that, access the HP 8218 printer panel.
- Choose the Setup option and select- network setup.
- Continue with the on-screen procedure.
- Finally, print the network configuration
Steps To change IP Settings for HP Officejet Pro 8218
Here are the general steps for changing IP settings for HP Officejet Pro 8218 printer:
- Move on to your computer and click the Start menu.
- Access the System Preferences section.
- Choose the adapter settings and right-click on the network.
- Then, choose the Properties option.
- Check and choose the versions of Internet Protocol.
- Continue with the properties section.
- Select the option- IP address and enter your IP address.
- Close the process.
HP Officejet Pro 8218 Wireless Setup – Frequently Asked Questions
How do I print from a mobile device with HP wireless direct?
Access the OJ Pro 8218 printer panel and enable the wireless direct option. After that, ensure that the Wi-Fi is the same on the printer and computer. Then, enter the WPA2 password when the wizard prompts to check the wireless direct security.
What is the difference between ‘HP wireless direct’ and ‘Wi-Fi Direct’?
The HP Officejet Pro 8218 wireless direct enables several devices connected to the same access point at the same time. However, Wi-Fi direct plays the role of a link between the two devices.
How do I print from a computer with wireless direct?
Move on to the HP OJ Pro 8218 printer and access the wireless direct option. Then, configure the settings on the HP 8218 software. After that, connect the printer to the device Wi-Fi network.
Can I use HP wireless direct if my printer connects to my computer with a USB cable?
If the OJ Pro 8218 printer is in connection with the Wi-Fi network, then you will be able to connect them to the USB cords.