How to download HP Printer driver?
Follow few more steps to download the printer driver for windows and mac system.
HP Printer Driver for Windows and Mac
Whether you have a Mac or Windows device, HP offers a separate set of hp printer drivers for both the OS. Now, check out the connection and download the recent drivers for your printer.
HP Printer driver install in Windows
- Initially, switch on the printer and computer to establish a connection between them.
- Now, move to the driver setup page to search for the available printer drivers.
- After that, choose your Windows OS version to find the compatible software.
- Next, click on Search or Enter to get the list of printer drivers available.
After that, download the printer driver and install it with the on-screen instructions.
HP Printer driver install in Mac
- To begin with, turn on your Mac device and printer to proceed with the hp printer driver download.
- Next, access any browser through your Mac and reach the driver setup page.
- After that, the page detects your Mac OS version. Here, select your printer model and get the printer drivers.
- Then, refer to the printer drivers on the page and select the best-suit accordingly.
- Finally, click on the Download option and install the drivers in a click.
123 HP CD/DVD Printer Driver Install
Do you have the HP installation CD from the pack? If yes, here are the instructions for downloading drivers from the CD/DVD. Why wait? Let’s start.
HP Printer CD/DVD printer driver for Windows
- To begin with, unpack the installation CD that you got with a printer box.
- Now, turn on the printer ad computer with the “Power” button.
- Then, open the CD tray on the Windows device.
- Next, wipe clean it and load the CD into the computer.
- Once your computer recognizes the CD, you can see the Wizard.
- Now, allow the Wizard to complete the printer driver setup.
- Finally, remove the CD from the computer once the software is downloaded successfully.
HP Printer CD/DVD printer driver for Mac
- Initially, ensure that your computer and printer are turned on.
- Next, look for the CD tray and open it gently.
- Then, place your HP driver CD on the tray and close it.
- Note: Installation CD offers only the basic drivers.
- You can see the installer screen to proceed with the hp printer driver download.
Now, proceed as per the monitor instructions to run the installer
HP Printer Driver Update for Windows
In general, it is usual for any device to pop the driver update message. Sometimes, you may get frequent updates. Those updates are only to improve your printer performance. Also, you can enjoy the best features after updating the printer drivers. Here, we walk you through the easiest steps to update the driver for Windows. You can also refer to 123.hp.com/setup.
Update HP Printer Drivers Using Device Manager
- Now, you can update the printer drivers according to your Operating System. The instructions below can guide you through updating the drivers for Windows.
- Initially, go to the control panel from your Windows computer.
- Then, choose the Hardware and Sound and then click on Device Manager.
- After that, select your printer under the Printer option.
- Next, install the update by choosing the Update driver option.
- Here, you can choose a manual or automatic mode for further driver update.
- Note: If the computer is unable to recognize the available update, go to the website and download it directly.
- Finally, let the installer run to complete the driver update.
Download HP Printer Drivers Manually
When the Windows device is unable to update the drivers automatically, follow these instructions. It is simple to download the recent updates from the website.
- Initially, find the Operating System version and printer model number.
- Then, use any browser to visit the HP printer driver page.
- Once you navigate to the support site, look for the Printer Drivers.
- Here, enter your HP model to get correct HP printer drivers.
- After that, you can find the “Update” or “Download” option.
Next, wait for the update to complete and run the installer if needed
Installing & Using the Windows Built-in Print Driver
Generally, your Windows device comes with built-in print drivers. Those drivers can handle basic printer functionality. Here are the instructions that you need to follow for installing.
- Initially, set up the Windows Update for automatic hp printer driver download.
- For that, select the “Change device installation settings” option.
- When the Settings window appears, click on Yes and then choose Save Changes.
- After that, connect your HP printer to the computer with a wired/wireless connection.
- Finally, install the drivers with the Add a Print wizard.
HP Printer FAQ
What are the types on HP Printer Software/Driver Downloads?
According to the Operating System of the computer, you can download the drivers. There are many compatible drivers for your printer. Below are the types of the latest drivers available.
- Basic printer driver – Drivers with limited printer functions, including print and scan.
- Full-feature driver – Includes printer management software to connect with Windows and Mac.
- HP Easy Start – Simplifies the complete download process for Mac OS.
- Plug and Play driver – Download this driver to support basic printer functionality.
How do I check ink levels with a built-in driver?
Checking the printer level periodically is the best printer practice to avoid hassle while printing. You can check the ink level either through the control panel or self-test page.
- Firstly, go to the printer control panel and find the ink level indicator.
- Now, you can look for the “Ink Drop” icon and check the ink level here.
- Alternatively, you can print a test-page to access the ink levels.
- When the print quality is poor, or printer is not printing, throw out the old ink cartridges.
Next, clean the ink slots and install the new cartridges
What if I can’t print After upgrading to Windows 10?
Sometimes, the printer cannot print after upgrading to Windows 10. It may be due to the stuck print job or driver issue. Complete the instructions below to get rid of this issue.
- Initially, uninstall the existing print driver from the Windows computer.
- For that, open the Control Panel from the computer and choose the Devices and Printers option.
- Next, select your printer with right-click and click Remove Device.
- After uninstalling the printer driver, choose new printer drivers to download.
- For more troubleshooting steps, refer to 123.hp.com/setup.
How do I scan with the Windows built-in driver?
There are several ways to scan documents in Windows. The best-suited way is to use the Windows Scan. However, you can use this method only if the printer is USB-connected. Refer to the following instructions to complete the scan.
- To begin with, load the document on the printer scanner glass or ADF.
- Now, go to your Windows device and select the Scan app.
- Next, search for the Source option and select the document.
- Finally, select the Scan option to scan the selected file.